It's just me

Monday, May 14, 2007

My First Mother's Day as a Mommy


In keeping with tradition, I reminisced on this special day the day I became a mom. It's not a story like any other mothers out there, but it is unique, special and all mine. And so it begins...


At work one morning, I saw a referral from CPS that a 3 day old African-American girl who was cocaine positive needed a foster home. I immediately called my agency and told them I wanted her and a few hours later I received a call saying I had been chosen. So the next day at 5pm, Princess arrived (1 and a half hours late as usual with CPS placements) at my home. She was so tiny that I could barely see her in that huge carrier. She weighed 5 pounds 10 ounces and was 18 inches long. She had a head full of black straight hair and was wearing a knitted hat obviously donated by the hospital grandma. I held her while we signed the papers making me her "guardian". Then CPS and my agency left and Poof...I was a mommy. No stretch marks, no weird cravings, no labor pains but a mommy none the less. I loved her like a mommy that first minute and I love her still the exact same way.

Thank you Princess for making me a Mommy!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home